20 Vintage Photos of Cleveland’s First Aquarium
Before the Greater Cleveland Aquarium opened in the Flats in 2012, there was the Cleveland Aquarium. The latter opened February 6, 1954, and was located in Gordon Park. It closed to the public in June 1985 (due to structural and budget problems), with some exhibits moved to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
Photos courtesy of Cleveland Memory Project